Thursday, May 5, 2011

Baseline

So I made it, two weeks and two deaths later, I’m on my way home; time to focus on the road ahead. With Barbara Kingsglover as my guide and the support of my wonderful mother (my boyfriend Kevin is still on the fence, mostly about the blogging portion; he is not “into” social media – that’s right, he’s one of those people without a Facebook account) I am about to venture into uncharted territory: the kitchen.

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am no Martha Stewart, more a Marie Callender of the microwaveable variety. So the thought of baking bread and canning is daunting to say the least, but I’m mentally preparing and googling like it is my job. I don’t think I’ve mentioned this before, but I set my official challenge start date as this Saturday, May 7, 2011 because that will be my first trip to the local farmer’s market.

I think that it is important to establish some sort of baseline as well to measure my change and (hopefully) success. But since I’m not comfortable sharing my weight with the world (although I’m pretty sure the world isn’t reading this there’s a slight chance that it’s more than just Aunt Brenda and Kaleena – who I LOVE for following me- so I’m going to keep my lips shut), I’ll share my current eating habits. Today is fairly representative of a normal day for me:

-Breakfast: 2 cups of coffee with half & half, bowl of raisin bran with 1% milk
-Lunch: Turkey and white cheddar sandwich on ciabatta bun from a cafe, half a large bag of pretzel M & M’s, red Gatorade
-Dinner: Roasted chicken leg and breast, green beans, ¼ corn on the cob, salad with vinaigrette, 2 microbrews
-Airport: 2 20 oz. microbrews, shot if patron (it is Cinco de Mayo after all) and bread and fondue… probably more to come… (to eat, not dirnk!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment